Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow Day!


Well, we finally got winter! And my 5th grader has his very first SNOW DAY!

I grew up in a small school district smack dab in the middle of southern Minnesota farming country so we had a few snow days a year - our district planned for them because the snow filled in those country roads on a fairly regular basis.

Here, in the largest school district in Minnesota, in the Twin Cities north metro, snow days never happen. We are on the northern edge of the district and have watched all the other smaller districts to our north and west close over the last 5 years but never us. Today, though, we are closed! I can be excited too because I am a stay-at-home mom and don't have to scramble to figure out what to do about work. It also comes when the Little has a cold and slight fever and will love having his big brother home for company.  I do feel for my hubby though with a long commute in front of him...

Now, to wait until the Big wakes up so I can see his reaction :)!

One of my favorite views - out my studio window.
The top shelf of my potting bench.
The herb planter and antler shed now make a lovely snow covered sculpture.
The snow blowers are humming and I have a Big who can't wait to get outside and a Little bemoaning the fact that Mommy won't let him out with his cold. Poor little dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment