Thursday, February 23, 2012

Knitting & Reading

My Wednesday was jammed pack with running here and there and I never found the time to sit down and post. So today is the day, although a day late.

I finished both the shawl I was knitting last week (not yet blocked so no photos) and the book I was reading. I love the yarn that I used for the shawl but am unsure of the size. I am a larger woman so am thinking it may be a gift for a niece or incentive to LOSE WEIGHT! The book was WONDERFUL! I am now anxiously awaiting the second in the trilogy which will be release in July. I would love to write this amazing review so that you all would see what I loved about it but I have never been good at that. I just know that I liked it, that my Mom probably won't, my MIL most likely will and my best friend most likely won't.  Does that help :)...



I am apparently sticking to a theme because this week I am reading The Physick Book Of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe that Sarah over at In These Hills wrote about last year. It is another book about a scholarly woman caught up in the world of magic. This book takes place in Cambridge, Boston, Marblehead and Salem - a little closer to home then Oxford. I am half way through and really enjoying it. It takes you back and forth between the 1600 and 1700s and 1991. Again, not good at reviewing books - sorry!

In regards to knitting, I haven't started another project but have the needles and yarn ready to make fingerless knits for my boys so that their hands stay somewhat warm when baseball starts in early spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment