Monday, March 26, 2012

Thrifting Update - March 26






This week had it's ups and downs in the world of thrift stores, garage sales and estate sales. The week started with a trip to the thrift store where I scored some books for each member of the family.

Thursday the Little and I headed to a little town just to the north of us - a twenty minute drive through the rain - to a much anticipated garage sale advertising 300+ Little Golden books. Much to our dismay not a sign in sight. Apparently they didn't want to have a sale in the rain. Shucks!

                          
Friday proved a little more worth while! A couple garage sales and a occasional sale going out of business yielded the above and below! I am hoping to do a couple outdoor sales this summer and am starting to stock up on some larger items. I don't think I did half bad. I have also decided to keep the ironing board I purchased last week. It makes a great stand for display!




2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Carrie, So glad you found so many wonderful things! I know your outdoor sale will be a big success! I hope your lovely spring weather continues and you find lots more goodies! Love, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic, wooden items! Great finds! I can't wait for summer. I know we'd all appreciate the sunny weather!

    ReplyDelete