Saturday, January 7, 2012

Unusual Weather And A Little Thrifting And Estate Saleing

It has been abnormally warm here. Like really warm.... Yesterday my 10 year old came home from school in a hoody, winter coat and snow pants in back pack. It was about 45 degrees which for a Minnesota boy is balmy when he is used to below zero January's. I myself have only worn my winter coat once. My Carhartt vest and shawlette have been suiting my just fine. We also have very little snow. Last year we had a couple feet at this point. Currently we have more grass showing then snow. And it is not just our area of the state. My in-laws live in blizzard central (west central MN) and my grandparents live just minute from Duluth and they are all very similar. We shall see what the rest of the "Winter" brings.

This is the view out my kitchen widow. At the right time of day this river birch seems to glow. I love that...

I am going through a bit of garage sale and estate sale withdrawal right now so I thought I would show pics of a favorite estate sale find from before the holidays and a favorite thrift store find from last week...

Wonderful cast bookends that I found at a great estate sale where everything was 65% off.
I found quite a few things but I really should have bought more...
These bookends can be found now at Exit 55 Antiques in Fergus Falls, MN.
A Skemo Canada/Eleanor Paine native patterned scarf.
I found this at Goodwill and can't wait to add it to our room at The Weekend Cottage in Clear Lake, MN!

I also added a few items to my Etsy shop including some vintage valentines and some other bits of vintage paper ephemera.

No comments:

Post a Comment