Monday, January 23, 2012

New Bag Design

I was finally drawn by inspiration into the sewing room...a new bag design that came to me in the night.

I bought this fabulous tablecloth at a garage sale for next to nothing and my MIL found this great gingham at an antique store (I LOVE gingham!) and they were meant for each other!



So after just a little trial and error a bag was born!






I added a layer of muslin in between to give the whole thing a little more "body", added a couple pleats at the top on each side and to top it all off a BIG stack of yo-yos topped with a fabric covered button. LOVING IT!  Next up another bag in the same style but this one made from a vintage fabric remnant covered in BIG GIANT irises in orange and yellow. Just waiting for the vintage orange gingham I ordered from "In Grandma's Attic" on Etsy. Haven't decided if I am going to sell this one or keep if for myself :)! Would be the perfect spring handbag...

No comments:

Post a Comment