Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Shop Update and A Little Valentines Crafting

I am having such a good time creating things. The market messenger bag pictured above I recently listed in my Etsy shop and I LOVE it! It just screams spring and summer with those beautiful bright flowers. All the materials I used for this one are vintage. The interior is part of a great lime green old tablecloth that I go from my mother-in-law (she keeps me well supplied in all kinds of vintage goodies for my creating - thank you Gima Melon!). The great floral fabric is part of a vintage curtain I got at an estate sale for $.50.  :)  I also used a great vintage trim for around the top and a vintage orange doily to dress up the outside - doesn't it look like a beautiful dahlia?! Inside I used some vintage buttons sewn in the shape of a daisy to fix a flaw in the fabric. It was so much fun to make! I have more picture of it's details on my Etsy shop (link on the right).


My eldest also got in a little crafting this week. I am not a big lover of purchased cards - even Valentine's Day cards. I would much rather give something homemade. I did give him the choice between premade cards and homemade and much to this mama's pleasure he chose homemade :)!  I like to give something useful that isn't going to go straight in the trash or onto the waistline. So I often buy holiday pencils that we then dress up in a fun way. After a search around the internet I found this great valentine idea using pencils - Inchworms! So with a purchase of some colored printer paper and a bag of googly eyes we went to work. And we had such fun and they turned out so cute! They were also well received by his class! Yeah - especially since his were the only handmade Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment