Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shop Fodder

I was finally able to buckle down and make some things for the big shop move. On either side is a messenger bag I made from an awesome linen towel from Britain (found at Goodwill for less than $2). I was able to cut it just right to form a nice front and back. I am absolutely in love with it and had a very hard time leaving it at the shop.

The bags above and below are from vintage fabrics and notions. I really like the print on the pink kitchen print (found at an estate sale for .50) and think it would make a wonderful market bag.





I also wanted to do something a little primitive and springy to go in the shop and after perusing some magazines for inspiration I came up with these - wool felt fruits - strawberries and pineapples to start with. They were such fun to make and I have already started another batch of strawberries and am looking for other fruits to recreate. I am thinking maybe some needle felted blueberries and raspberries. I am really happy with how they turned out!

 Finally I finished one of two (have to add the ears to the second) more Teddy Bear Hats. Two have already sold so I thought I should restock. These are in honor of my Little Teddy.

What is so fun about all these things is that most of the materials came from my stash. So much fun to use what I have!

Post to follow with pictures of these in their new home (for now) in our new room at the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment