Friday, February 25, 2011

My First Sweater!

I did it! I finally knit a sweater! And I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I decided to go with the Wallaby. I had heard wonderful things about it at the shop where I buy my yarn so I thought I would give it a go. I used Lamb's Pride Wool in Golden Mushroom - picked out by my little. I love knitting with this yarn! There were a few issues here and there - many rows frogged and reknit, not quite grasping the kitchener stitch under the arms, and my little deciding he didn't want the hood so going with a collar instead. All in all I think it really worked and now I really hope he wears it! I think it will be a great addition to his camping and Up North wardrobe.  My oldest has already picked out the yarn he wants for his sweater in the same pattern - no hood for him either. He also doesn't like wearing wool so I will be making his out a cotton linen yarn from Knit Picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment