Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge

The Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge has been on my list of places to go for awhile and Sunday we finally went. It was a nice short drive from our house and we enjoyed the peace of the country. We didn't see much in the way of wildlife but the wildflowers were beautiful and we already have plans to go back during migration.


An eagle's nest

A beaver's lodge

Some local residents

The lilies were in full bloom and beautiful!

A pair of beautiful swans - my favorite bird



My boys

My boys pretending to be eagles











1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post...those swan are beautiful! It always shocks me how big an eagles nest can get...

    Just a reminder that we are getting near the end of the kinderGARDENS series and I'm urging everyone to link up as often as possible with their best posts. Soon the judges will be looking them over!

    Have a happy Thursday! Kim

    ReplyDelete