Saturday, July 10, 2010

Goose Lake Winery Artisan Saturday

This past Saturday my mom and I took the morning and went to the Goose Lake Winery in the next town over. It was our first visit and definately not the last. On top of being the first winery in our county (with some very good fruit wines) they are now also hosting an artisan market on Saturdays. There were about 10 dealers which wasn't alot but based on the number of people there I hope that it will continue to grow. It was a wonderful place to just soak in the country with their resident peacock strolling around along with their flock of chickens that call that farm home. They also have a llama, cows, donkeys, rabbits and dogs. Next time I intend to bring the boys - all those animals are right up their alley.

I loved that when we went home at the end of the morning everything I had purchased was local or second hand from the homemade dip mixes and fabulous homemade soap purchased at the artisan market to the bread I purchased at a great local bread baker (Diamond City Bread in Elk River) and the books I bought at a local antique store. It was a lovely morning! Below are just a few pictures from our morning at the Goose Lake Winery and Farm.


















No comments:

Post a Comment