Friday, July 23, 2010

Highlights From The Week

It has been a full week for us. It started with a little recovery from a full weekend in Duluth. I started the week by filling a new acquisition from my in-laws antique shop. It is a little book shelf where I am currently housing my gardening books as well as a few favorite rocks. In the winter it will hold our field guides (during the summer they are in a basket with handles that can easily move from house to camper to cabin when needed).


We have also visited a local farmers market and bought corn, cucumbers, zucchini and potatoes which we have been enjoying this week. (One corn on the cob even turned into to-go food as my 3 year old took it on the road to football camp). We also have been harvesting some things from our own garden and the stir fry above and below (which I make on a daily basis through this season) was prepared using zucchini from the farmers market and green beans, red onion and purple and yelllow potatoes from our garden. I sprinkled a little parmesan and blue cheese on top and my 3 year old and I enjoyed every last morsel. He has quite the palette for such a young little man.


My hubby and littlest spent the evenings this week watching my oldest at football camp and they all had such fun. My oldest has tried soccer and baseball and didn't get into either one but I think that he has found a fit with football and karate. Football season starts in less than a month and he is excited!

Tomorrow is my birthday (my last since I intend to be 39 forever) and my mom and I are having a girls day starting with a farmers market. I can't wait. Photos will be shared later!

No comments:

Post a Comment