Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 4th At The Lake


We spent the 4th of July at Pelican Lake. We had a great time full of all the things that make ups summer for us here in Minnesota - ice cream dripping off the chins of little ones, taking in the sites of small town life, watching the fields grow, boating and fishing until the sun goes down (or the bugs get too bad) and watching fireworks across the lake from the comfort of a bug free screened in porch. We also had a number of visits from 2 mama turkeys and their babes and we had great fun watching them wander around the yard and the tree tops. I even finished a book and started a new knitting project with some yarn I had dyed myself. More on that later...

(Soon to be Amber Waves of Grain - photo by the oldest)

(Sunrise on Pelican Lake - photo by me)

(Mamas and Babies on a Sunrise Stroll - photo by me)

(Fireworks on Pelican - photo by me)

(Central Minnesota Scenery - photo by the oldest)

(Our Sonny - So Cute Yet Such a $%*! - Photo by the oldest)






No comments:

Post a Comment