Monday, July 2, 2012

Thrifting Finds - Last Week Of June

Despite the heat we did make it to a few sales on Wednesday and Thursday and found a few things. But Friday morning, before leaving for up north, I set out on my own and had WONDERFUL luck!

A Frankoma boot bank, crystal salt cellars and a great peach print were among last week's finds. 
I also found a couple vintage BHG books - gardening and handyman's guide.
I also found a nice milk-glass basket.

1970s yellow and gold pottery serving dishes and clown head cake decorations were snagged for a song. Can't wait to list the clowns on Etsy and the pottery will be a fall addition at Clear Lake.

This fabulous blue numbered pot is I think an unsigned McCoy. Going to hold on to it until I know more. The glaze reminds me of Van Briggle....

Just a week ago while perusing Ebay I discovered "sewing birds" and thought I really needed to look for one. Not a week later, while leaving a sale, I spotted this guy! The trifting god's were smiling on me! There is a hole for the scissors on the head so the blades form the beak and the handle a crest. Spools make a tale. Too cool! He will be staying at my house for awhile!

A great cow print! Not sure if I am going to sell it or hang it in my kitchen :)!

A fabulous vintage vinyl purse that will be on it's way to The Weekend Cottage in Clear Lake.

My mom found these fabulous German coaster yodelers! Love them!

A couple vintage linens - the morning glory has stains so is destined to be a bag while the deer tablecloth is in very nice condition and may make it's way to Etsy...we shall see.
Goal for this week - find some nice small furniture pieces. The three pieces I brought to Clear Lake a week ago already sold! Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. How do I find your store on Etsy? Also, here's a store you might like browsing through http://blogdot2ndstreetmarketdotcom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! You can find a link to my Etsy shop in the right sidebar of my blog. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete