Friday, January 25, 2013

Archer Turkey Feeds Tote

I am having so much fun in my new office/studio! Lots of new things listed on Etsy and Ebay and I even opened a store on my business Facebook page where I will be listing a variety of the handmades you see here. (If you ever see anything that you are interested in buying here just let me know!)

I am also getting quite a bit of sewing done. Yesterday I was able to finish up another bag. This bag was created using a vintage Archer Turkey Feed bag - LOVE the graphic - and a thrifted handmade pillowcase and matching valance (the orange and white gingham). I also dug into my plain feedsack stash to make the backside of the straps, the button loop and the bottom half of the inside pocket.


The feedsack I used for this tote is double-sided which is wonderful because I can get 2 bags from one feedsack. The button is one from my stash. It is a swirly mix of orange and blue and even a hint of green. The perfect button for this bag!



The straps tie at the top so that the wearer can adjust it to where they want it to fall on the body. The inside has pockets on one side (made from a portion of the feedsack) that is divided into 4 compartments.

The next two bags on the cutting table right now. Another feedsack bag featuring  a rooster's head and the word's "Chick Starter" - Love It! The other is a bag made from a linen towel with an image of a London double-decker bus. The top and bottom has the Underground symbol repeated and those will become the straps. It will have a red and white gingham lining as will the rooster bag. I really love gingham!

No comments:

Post a Comment