Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Final Days Of Elementary

These final days of May and first days of June are a little bittersweet for me. They mark the end of my oldest's elementary school days So much is going on right now. His final Track & Field Day was Friday and we couldn't have asked for a better day! A perfect Minnesota Spring day!

He cleared it with room to spare!
The final art projects are coming home, final tests being taken and a group of parents (me included) have been planning their Last Day Of School send-off  -  a Moving On Party! Hard to believe my baby is going to Middle School next year! Over the last few months we have really seen him showing signs of growing up and maturing. His confidence and self esteem are blooming and I am just so proud of the young man he is becoming!

One of my favorite art projects! A cardboard collage. Very cool!

These days also mark another kind of closure. This is the final week where I will have a little one home with me.  Next year the Little is off to start his elementary career. So the bittersweetness is two-fold. This mama can't help but feel a little adrift with the changes that are going on as my boys continue to grow up right before my very eyes. I am so proud to be their mama and I am so blessed to have been chosen to hold their hands and watch them as they negotiate this amazing journey.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind comment about my son's graduation. I read over your profile... we share a lot of the same interests! As soon as summer break hits, I look forward to indulging in some knitting and sewing again!

    ReplyDelete