Monday, June 21, 2010

Midsomer Festival at the American Swedish Institute



We celebrated the Solstice and the arrival of summer at the annual Midsomer Festival at the American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis. I am almost all Scandinavian and thoroughly love delving a little deeper into my roots. For this event my mom and I took my niece and my oldest son along to participate in this event and we all had such fun.




We girls made flower wreaths for our hair to start out the day then we all went on to do a little browsing at the vendors and took a tour of the Turnblad Mansion which is home to ASI.








My oldest's favorite part was the woodworking for
children where the two kids made butter knives.
They had such fun!












After lunch and watching some Swedish singers and dancers we rounded out the day by watching the raising of the May Pole.

It was a wonderful day and the colors and textures and sounds will live with us all for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment