Friday, June 11, 2010

Grandma's Day Camp - Field Trip #1


This summer my mom and dad are taking care of my niece and nephew one day a month while my sister-in-law works. Yesterday was their first day and so we planned a field trip. My mom and dad and I took the four kids to Oliver Kelley Farm - an 1860s farm run by the Minnesota Historical Society that is just 15 minutes from our house. We had been here before but my niece and nephew had not. We had a WONDERFUL time and will definately be back again quite a few more times this summer. Their are costumed interpreters with the animals that roam free around the farm, women in the house and with the chickens, a woman in the garden and shelling dried beans and a woman doing the wash. The children had a great time and so did we. I majored in history and love when I can show the kids that history is fun and so is learning it :)!

Here are a few more pictures from our day.














No comments:

Post a Comment