Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thrift Finds - Week Of June 24

Garage sales are a little different with a 6 year old and/or 12 year old in tow. I end up with more stuff that takes longer to leave my house but they both have a good eye. This weeks finds for the boys included a couple things on their lists...a catchers mitt (worth $75 that I paid $8 for) and a soccer ball (.50). A video game, books and Zoobles rounded out their purchases.

Here are some others that I was rather excited about...

My 6 year old spotted this awesome handmade paddlebat. We live just a mile from the Mississippi where these kinds of boats still travel. A fabulous find! Gonna be hard to get it out of the house :). It was unpriced so my little man took it upon himself to inquire as to the price. They sold it to him for a song.
A totem pole decanter from the Black Hills.
A black metal tole painted tissue box cover and a metal stand.
A aqua blue wood box and a metal colander.
Cookie cutters.

My little dude came up to me with this and I just had to buy it. It is Swedish and reads "Linnea" which is the name we had picked out for him if he was a girl. It is already hanging on the wall!

Still in the back of the truck is an old sewing maching cabinet. No machine but the cast base in great condition and the drawers all still there. I will piece it out to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment